Grant applications submitted for funding consideration are only accepted using our on-line application process. Applicants must be 501C(3) as determined by the IRS. When the application is accessed, the applicant is guided to a series of questions and will be required to provide documents as it pertains to the request. Missing or incomplete information may result in the application to be declined. Documents submitted are validated using the Foundations GIFTS Management Software.
Funding recommendations are provided by the Foundation’s Advisory Committee Members and made to the Forest County Potawatomi Executive Council. Factors taken into consideration will not be limited to the Eligible Criteria below. The final approvals are provided to the Foundation by the Executive Council.
Grant Application Deadlines:
- January 22nd – By 4pm Central Time
- May 22nd – By 4pm Central Time
- September 22nd – By 4pm Central Time
*Proposals should be submitted at least 4 months prior to or the beginning of programs and or projects.
*Organizations may apply only once per 12 month period.
- Must have 3 years of operating experience as a registered 501C(3)
- Understands the mission of the FCP Foundation
- Ability to accomplish stated proposal
- Board Members profile
- History & reputation of the organization
- Financial stability and the ability to leverage other funds
- Quality of performance
- Harmony with the environment
Program Areas Considered:
- Arts & Culture
- Civic & Community
- Economic Development
- Education (After School Programs Only)
- Health & Human Services
- Native American
- Youth Development
The FCP Foundation Does Not Consider Support Of:
- Foundations, Groups or Organizations that re-grant the funds to other Organizations or Institutions
- Fiscal or Fiduciary Agents on behalf of Organizations that lack a Registered 501C(3) status
- General Operating Expenses
- Capital Projects
- Sponsorships, Fundraising Events or Festivals
- Individual causes or Requests
- Political causes, Candidates or Campaigns
- Churches or Religious Organizations (unless it is a program that benefits the community)