Economic Support

TANF Program Application

If you are interested in the TANF Program and would like to complete the application, please click the “Apply Now” button to the right.

General Assistance Application

If you are interested in General Assistance and would like to complete the application, please click the “Apply Now” button to the right.

Tribal Employment Skills Program

Tribal Employment Skills is a work experience program that was developed and approved pursuant to the FCP General Council Resolution #GC003-97 and by FCP Executive Council on Feb. 11, 2009. The mission of the Tribal Employment Skills Program is to enable FCP tribal members to engage in work-related activities in order to develop the skills necessary to achieve employment. This will be achieved through:

  • Career Exploration – Assess each individual’s strengths, and provide tools to overcome barriers in becoming employed.
  • Work Experience – Provide opportunity to learn valuable work skills and work etiquette in different areas of the tribal workforce, create a work history, and help identify jobs that match skills interests.
  • Employment Counseling – Provides guidance in career decision-making skills, develop realistic expectations of work environment, and enhance abilities to relate to others. Will include mentorship, encouragement, and support.
  • Job Seeking Skills – Job application assistance, tips on how to avoid common application and résumé errors, dissemination of labor market data — hot jobs — which job is high on demand for this area and tips on how to keep employment.

Community Service Program

The purpose of the program is to provide FCP tribal and community members with a centralized community service program to help individuals complete either court-ordered or voluntary community service hours. The mission is to provide resources, case management, community service sites and projects for adults and youth. The mission for the youth is to help develop a personal stake in their own community and raise awareness of community issues. It will teach individuals responsibility, respect, trust and pride in their community. For more information on the Community Service Program, please contact Kathy Tupper at 715-478-4896 or email her at

Native Employment Works

NEW provides supportive employment assistance and guidance in obtaining full-time employment for individuals living on the reservation and Forest County Potawatomi tribal members residing within a 60-mile radius of the reservation. NEW is guided by regulations from the Administration for Child and Families.


Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program known as SNAP is the federal program to help low-income families with food insecurities. In Wisconsin SNAP is call FoodShare. Individuals and families that live on the reservation or in Forest County and have ties to the FCP Community can apply directly with our Economic Support Department. To find out more information about FoodShare in Wisconsin click on the link to see the webpage A Recipe for Good Health.

There are numerous ways individuals and families can apply for FoodShare. Online at , call the FCP Economic Support Department at 715-478-4433, call your local consortium 1-888-794-5722, stop in our office to apply in person at 5415 Everybody’s Rd. Crandon WI 54520, and you can now download the MyAccess mobile app for free on the App Store or Google Play. If you want to learn more about the app go to

Once you are found eligible for FoodShare you will receive a Quest Card. Your Quest card is a plastic debit card. It will have your name, card number, and the Wisconsin Quest logo on it. Your quest card will be mailed to you. It will include instructions for setting your four-digit personal identification number (PIN). You will use your PIN each time you buy food with your Quest card. Your FoodShare benefits will be put into your FoodShare account using an electronic benefit transfer system. Once your benefits are in your account, you can use your Quest card to buy food at grocery stores, online and some farmers markets that accept EBT payments. To pay for your food, swipe your quest card at the terminal in the checkout line, and enter your PIN.

You can check your FoodShare balance before you shop or request a new Quest card by calling Quest Card Customer Service at 1-877-415-5164.

USDA Nondiscrimination Statement (updated)

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, religious creed, disability, age, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits.  Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form (link is external), (AD-3027) found online at: is external), and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992.  Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1)        mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture

Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights

1400 Independence Avenue, SW

Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

(2)        fax: (202) 690-7442; or

(3)        email:

BadgerCare Plus

BadgerCare Plus (BC+) is a state/federal program that provides health care for children, pregnant women and adults (with or without dependent children) and coverage for individuals living on the FCP reservation. The income limit is 100% of Federal Poverty Level and could be higher for children and pregnant women.

Food Pantry

The food pantry is now located at Midwest Indian Mission at 601 N. Summit Dr. in Crandon, WI 54520. Contact number is 715-478-2730.

The pantry is open to anyone for their food needs. There is no income limit. Donations are appreciated.


General Assistance

General assistance provides basic financial relief for single adults enrolled in a federally recognized tribe and are living on the FC Potawatomi reservation. The individual must meet income guidelines and participate in a plan developed to assist in obtaining full-time employment. This program is in accordance with BIA regulations.

Other Services Offered:

In partnership with the FCP Family Resource Center and other tribal entities, classes are held every Wednesday at FCP Family Resource Center and offer education on various life skills such as home improvement, time management, etc.

A direct connection between the DMV and individual for obtaining driver’s license information and/or status of driver’s record.

Winway Résumé Deluxe software, tools and résumé paper are available by utilizing the computers in the Family Resource Room to develop or update a résumé.

Hands-on training to learn and enhance computer skills of Microsoft programs, such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access.

  • To prepare individuals for obtaining their dream job and/or career changes
  • Also provides tips to improve and enhance your valuable employability skills
  • Improves communication skills and builds self-esteem
    Basic Education Classes (GED/HSED)
  • Classes are held in the Museum lower level classroom Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:00 am – 1:30 pm
  • An instructor is available to assist adult students in earning a General Education Development Certificate (GED) or a high school equivalency diploma (HSED) and to improve academic skills. If you have any questions, please call the instructor at (715)-478-4904 or Economic Support at (715)-478-7206

This program offers legal assistance through approved attorneys to low-income families. Upon verification of income eligibility, a Judicare card is issued and a list of attorneys that accept Judicare is provided to the eligible applicant.