Forest County Potawatomi
|POSITION TITLE:||Tribal Court Deputy Clerk|
|SUPERVISOR:||Tribal Court Chief Judge|
|Deputy Clerk of court will assist in the processing and organizing of court documents, including day-to-day clerical and administrative duties.|
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Tribal Court Clerk with maintaining the Court’s calendar and schedule, filing, copying, scanning, mailing and all functioning of Tribal Court as directed by the Chief Judge and the Court Clerk.
- Promptly complete all relevant documents, such as Notices, Affidavits, Court minutes, Judgments, Dockets, Correspondence, and other legal documents.
- Manage all Garnishment of Wage cases and Collection of Debt Cases in their entirety, keeping accurate records.
- Attend all court hearings as directed keeping accurate minutes of all proceedings.
- Prepare a written summaries of trials or hearings and proceedings as requested.
- Provide non-legal assistance to individuals telephonically and in person.
- Provide overall judicial assistance to all acting Judges, while preventing ex parte communication.
- Create purchase orders and order office supplies as necessary, sort incoming mail and redirect or distribute as necessary. Make travel and meeting arrangements as necessary for Court staff.
Requirements (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities):
- Must possess valid Wisconsin driver’s license
- Prior experience as a secretary or equivalent training. (Legal experience preferred) High School Diploma or GED (must provide documentation).
- Ability to organize and maintain files and records.
- Basic computer skills with a working knowledge of WordPerfect, Microsoft Word or other similar software programs.
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality and work with little supervision at times.
- Qualify for Fiduciary Bond.
- Must have good communication skills (oral and written), good organizational skills, and type 60 wpm.
|Lift / Carry 50#||Occasional||Walk||Occasional||Twist||Occasional|
|Lift / Carry 25#||Occasional||Stand||Occasional||Bend||Occasional|
|Hear||Constant||Heights||Not Applicable||Operate Heavy Equipment|
|See||Constant||Enclosed Space||Not Applicable||Not Applicable|