Forest County Potawatomi
|POSITION TITLE:||Surveillance Operator|
|The Surveillance Observations Division is responsible for observing casino activity, detecting deviation and reporting. The Operator regularly spends time at a workstation watching live and recorded video, completing reports and addressing communication. Key to this position is the working practical knowledge of advanced surveillance technology, casino operations, gaming regulation and standard operating procedure.|
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Observes casino operation for irregular activity (e.g. cheating, theft) by either employees or patrons.
- Provides verbal and written reports of violations and suspicious behavior to supervisor.
- Keeps accurate documentation and/or logs of all suspicious activity and required reporting.
- Answers and screens incoming communication (e.g. telephone, two-way radio).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities):
- High school diploma or equivalent and 1 year of related experience.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a gaming license issued by the Forest County Potawatomi Gaming Commission.
- Working knowledge or ability to possess a working knowledge of the Indian Gaming Regulatory Act, Forest County Potawatomi Tribal-State Gaming Compact, Bank Secrecy Act, National Indian Gaming Commission Internal Control Standards, Tribal Minimum Internal Control Standards and internal controls/standard operating procedures for casino departments.
- Working knowledge of currency, ability to detect counterfeit documents (currency, money orders, checks, traveler’s checks, etc.), basic blackjack strategy, gaming scams and other criminal habits.
- Ability to uphold strict confidentiality.
- Ability to operate surveillance equipment is essential and utilize office technology, software (e.g. Microsoft Office, computerized information systems) and their application to surveillance.
- Ability to focus while being seated and watching closed circuit television (CCTV) monitors for lengthy periods of time is necessary.
- Able to demonstrate proficiency in problem solving techniques, effective communication, comprehension, and business-writing.
- Ability to work effectively independently or in a team environment along with working non-traditional hours and/or travel on occasion.
|Lift / Carry 50#||Not Applicable||Walk||Occasional||Twist||Occasional|
|Lift / Carry 25#||Occasional||Stand||Occasional||Bend||Occasional|
|Pull||Not Applicable||Sit||Constant||Climb||Not Applicable|
|Push||Not Applicable||Crawl||Not Applicable||Drive||Not Applicable|
|Hear||Constant||Heights||Not Applicable||Operate Heavy Equipment|
|See||Constant||Enclosed Space||Not Applicable||Not Applicable|