Forest County Potawatomi
|POSITION TITLE:||Network Administrator I|
Under general supervision of the IT Director, oversees LAN/WAN and Telecommunication network; performs a variety of maintenance, evaluation, installation, and training tasks to enable users to maximize productivity. Maintains confidentiality of all privileged information.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Administers the network utilizing one or more TCP/IP or non-TCP/IP networking protocols and/or one or more UNIX-based and Microsoft based operating systems.
- Configure, install and maintain all routers, switches, firewall and VPN.
- Maintain security of LAN/WAN environment.
- Evaluates and/or recommends purchases of computers, network hardware, peripheral equipment, and software; provides technical consulting services to department/organization regarding use of computers and networks to satisfy business needs.
- Installs, configures, and maintains personal computers, networks, workstations, file servers, ethernet networks, network cabling, and other related equipment, devices, and systems; adds or upgrades and configures modems, disk drives, data acquisition boards, CD ROM units, printers, and related equipment.
- Performs and/or oversees software and application development, installation, and upgrades; maintains site licenses for department/organization.
- Provides support in-person, email, and telephone information services.
- Troubleshoots networks, systems, and applications to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational difficulties.
- Maintain network on a 24/7 basis.
- Project manager for projects to ensure completion by deadline.
- Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
- Performs other duties as required.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related three years’ experience in the network design and desktop support. MCSE Certification. CCNA preferred. Valid drivers’ license. Must successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, and background investigation.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems.
- Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software and telecommunication systems.
- Knowledge of current developments and technological trends in computer hardware and software.
- Knowledge of a range of computer networking systems and languages.
- Knowledge of available computing and/or network hardware and peripheral equipment.
- Knowledge of federal copyright laws as they pertain to the use of computer software.
- Knowledge of computer and/or network security systems, applications, procedures, and techniques.
- Ability to install, configure, and maintain personal computers, networks, and/or related hardware and software.
- Ability to identify and resolve computer system malfunctions and operational problems.
- Ability to provide technical guidance and training to end users.
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel.
- Ability to perform preventive maintenance on computer hardware and software.
- Ability to analyze and resolve computer problems.
- Ability to determine computer problems and to coordinate hardware and/or software solutions.
- Records maintenance skills.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Technical writing skills.
- Skill in operating business computers and office machines, including in a Windows environment, specifically Word, Excel, Access, and presentation software (such as PowerPoint).
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is required to sit and stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee occasionally is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work is generally performed in an office setting with a moderate noise level. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required. Tight time constraints and multiple demands are common. Travel will be required.
As authorized by Federal Law, the Forest County Potawatomi Community reserves the right to exercise preference in hiring for qualified Tribal members/Indians in connection with all job openings.
CLOSING: Until Filled