Forest County Potawatomi
|POSITION TITLE:||Medical Registration Team Coordinator|
|DEPARTMENT:||Health Finance – Registration/Reception|
|SUPERVISOR:||Business Office Finance Director|
|This position reports directly to the Business Office Finance Director and is responsible for coordinating all daily functions of medical registration and reception team members. This position will also be responsible for coordination of common policies and procedures to departmental registration teams, serving as system administrator and/or super user for assigned applications, subscriptions or portals.|
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directly responsible for coordinating all medical registration and reception staff schedules and timekeeping approvals
- In conjunction with the Finance Director develops, maintains and monitors all policies and workflows within the medical registration area.
- Coordinates medical registration and registration team members’ efforts to provide the highest level of internal and external customer service when performing all aspects of the registration process
- Develops, monitors and reports departmental audits, front desk revenue cycle activities and departmental performance measures
- Responsible for coordinating all communication, training and monitoring of common registration/reception processes conducted in all other areas of registration and reception throughout the Health Division
- In conjunction with the Finance Director, assists in the preparation and development of all staff medical registration and reception performance reviews
Requirements (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities):
- A minimum of five years’ of work experience in a health care, billing and/or insurance setting required with front-end operations experience preferred.
- A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in managing 4 or more individuals in a supervisory capacity
- Associates degree in business administration, medical coding/transcription preferred
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience with electronic practice management systems required with a preference for experience with Athena.
- Must possess exceptional customer service and communication skills with the ability to proactively identify and resolve problems or conflicts.
- Ability to work within a culturally diverse community
- Ability to work with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook; Knowledge Point, OnBase preferred.
- Must be dependable and have some flexibility in work hours to support front line business operations.
|Lift / Carry 50#||Not Applicable||Walk||Occasional||Twist||Occasional|
|Lift / Carry 25#||Occasional||Stand||Occasional||Bend||Occasional|
|Hear||Constant||Heights||Not Applicable||Operate Heavy Equipment|
|See||Constant||Enclosed Space||Not Applicable||Not Applicable|