Forest County Potawatomi - Renewable Generation
|POSITION TITLE:||Lead Wastewater Operator|
|SUPERVISOR:||Operations Manager/Project Engineer|
The Lead Wastewater Operator is responsible for the daily operation of the Forest County Potawatomi Community (FCPC) Renewable Generation facility. The operator will safely and efficiently operate and maintain anaerobic digesters, manage feedstock, and maintain consistent operations of combined heat and power (CHP) equipment while interfacing with stakeholders and support groups in a positive and professional manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for operating plant processes, plant maintenance, development of standard operating procedures (SOPs), regulatory compliance, security and services equipment. Maintains the master Environmental Health & Safety program on site.
- Supervises, trains, and coordinates material handlers, assists with trucks when needed and ensures material handlers maintain a clean and organized truck unloading bay and plant.
- Monitors the plant’s operations and makes adjustment per pre-defined operating parameters.
- Reviews and evaluates lab data, performs lab analysis and prepares lab reports, develops feedstock loadings, monitors for feedstock toxicity, prepares monitoring reports, reviews truck load paperwork, ensures daily reports are maintained and sent to management.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintains regular and punctual attendance.
Requirements (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities):
- High school diploma or equivalent and a minimum of three (3) years of Wastewater Operations experience.
- State of Wisconsin certification as a Waste Water Treatment Plant Operator, preferably with subclass A5, anaerobic treatment and subclass C, solids treatment. CDL and waste hauler is also preferred.
- Valid Driver’s license and insurance for automobile is required .
- The ability to understand and use plant process controls/SCADA and make adjustments, ability to read and understand maintenance and operation manuals/instructions.
- Must display the ability to work independently, perform under minimal supervision, problem solve and effective decision making.
- The ability to use standard office equipment, including operation of a personal computer, email and create and edit documents in Microsoft Office using Word or Excel.
- Ability to work irregular hours and extended shifts including late nights, early mornings, weekends, holidays and on call.
The plant is an industrial wastewater pretreatment facility and operating power plant. The noise level is usually moderate. The employee will be required to work both indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions through all seasons. Employees handle organic feed stocks and the byproducts of anaerobic digestion, including biosolids and liquid centrate, which release organic odors. The facility is smoke free.
|Lift / Carry 50#||Occasional||Walk||Constant||Twist||Occasional|
|Lift / Carry 25#||Occasional||Stand||Constant||Bend||Occasional|
|Hear||Constant||Heights||Occasional||Operate Heavy Equipment|