Forest County Potawatomi
|POSITION TITLE:||K-12 Education Director|
|SUPERVISOR:||Ass’t. Director, Education Division|
|The K-12 Director, under the direction of the Assistant Education Director, will plan, direct, and supervise the K-12 Education Department. The K-12 Director will provide support to all Forest County Potawatomi students as needed. Works with families, school staff, and other tribal departments to be sure all students needs are being met.|
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and implements strategic plans and programming for the K-12 Department.
- Prepares, reviews, interprets, and analyzes data that supports the strategic plan, including but not limited to, short and long term goals, employee engagement, budgets and grant funding, key performance indicators, and other measurable outcomes.
- Ensures K-12 department staff are supervised and coached appropriately to achieve program goals and objectives; sees that on-going training and performance evaluations take place to ensure growth and development of staff.
- Provides technical and/or professional coordination and leadership in the execution of day-to-day program/project activities, as appropriate to program objectives and area of expertise; evaluates progress and results, providing direction or implementing changes whenever necessary.
- Works with school administrators and school staff on a day to day basis to ensure FCP students are given the proper educational path for their success in higher education and/or their chosen career.
- Serves as a contact between the Education Department and other FCP departments to enhance the overall success of the Education Department and FCPC at-large.
- Maintains communication with parents/guardians of students in an effort to meet their individual needs to ensure a successful academic experience.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of the monthly, quarterly, and annual training plans for the Education Department.
Requirements (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities):
- A Bachelor’s degree in Education, Human Development, or another related field. Master’s Degree preferred with 2 years of field related leadership experience.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and be eligible for insurance under the Tribe’s insurance program.
- Expertise in verbal and written communication skills, ability to interact with a culturally diverse and multi-generational community.
- Ability to maintain accurate records and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Thorough understanding of budgets, strategic planning, and oversight of tactical execution.
|Lift / Carry 50#||Occasional||Walk||Frequent||Twist||Occasional|
|Lift / Carry 25#||Occasional||Stand||Frequent||Bend||Occasional|
|Hear||Frequent||Heights||Occasional||Operate Heavy Equipment|
|See||Frequent||Enclosed Space||Not Applicable||Not Applicable|