Forest County Potawatomi
|POSITION TITLE:||Housekeeping/Maintenance Worker|
|SUPERVISOR:||Health Division Building and Grounds Director|
Responsible for Housekeeping/Maintenance duties assuring that the Health Division buildings present a positive image to the community and customers.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform housekeeping duties to ensure a clean, safe, and secure facility.
- Carry out assigned duties in area related to infection control.
- Washes windows and walls by hand or with use of tools available.
- Washes ceiling and fixtures using ladders if necessary.
- Moves heavy furniture, supplies, and equipment.
- Performs minor repairs, replaces light bulbs, painting, changes filters etc.
- Preventive checks of facility and equipment.
- Adjusts, cleans and oils powered equipment, changes brushes, rollers, filters buffers and other attachments on the powered equipment used.
- Assist with plumbing, electrical, cleaning, construction and trash removal.
- Provide grounds keeping support including mowing of grass pruning of shrubs, vegetation, shoveling of snow, and salting walkways as needed.
- Cleans offices, storerooms, corridors, Residents rooms, sweeps, wet mop, dry mop, strips, and washes and polishes floors using brooms, mops, vacuum cleaners, floor machine, scrubbers and buffers.
- Maintain restrooms in a clean, orderly and sanitary condition. Clean, disinfect and deodorizes urinals and toilet bowls and showers. Cleans mirrors and sinks, replace toilet tissue, hand towels and soap in all areas of Facility. Notes conditions and maintains weekly log of restrooms, reports to Supervisor any water leaks, clogged drains and other conditions requiring maintenance work.
- Vacuum, clean conference rooms, corridors, hallways and dining area.
- Implement performance improvement measures in appropriate areas.
- Be flexible to work occasional/alternate weekends and/or alternate shifts to do other duties assigned.
- Responsible for communication within department as well as across department to ensure that information is shared for effective operations.
- Maintain a cooperative relationship with employees, visitors and others
- Must maintain strict confidentiality.
- Wear uniform shirt and name badge is required.
- Willingness to learn exposure to hazards, blood spill clean-up procedures
- Attend weekly/monthly meetings.
- All other duties as assigned by department Supervisor.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Two years’ work experience as a janitor or related field preferred.
- Must have valid Wisconsin driver’s license and be authorized as eligible for coverage under the Tribe’s Insurance.
Health Division Employees must have proof of the following:
- Two-Step tuberculosis skin testing.
- Medical documentation of History of Chicken Pox or two doses of Varicella Vaccination.
- Hepatitis B Vaccination, three doses for all employees that are at risk for exposure to blood/ bodily fluids.
- Annual Influenza Vaccination
- Tdap (Tetanus Diphtheria and Pertussis) Vaccination followed by Td (Tetanus Diphtheria) Vaccination every 10 years.
- MMR (Measles, Mumps and Rubella) Vaccination, two doses or be born before 1957.
- If an employee is not able to provide evidence of immunity to any of the above, testing/vaccination will be provided by FCP Employee Health on hire.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to do work without more than normal supervision.
- Ability to use tools and equipment safely.
- Ability to work quickly, accurately while following all safety policies.
- Sound judgment and capability to respond to unusual circumstances.
- Able to deal constructively with conflict and suggestions.
- Wear appropriate attire with good personnel hygiene.
- Regular and recurring periods of standing and walking.
- Lift up to 75 pounds, able to assist with transfers as necessary.
Exposure to health hazards of the health industry. Knowledge of and enforcement of safety and biohazard importance.
As authorized by federal law, Forest County Potawatomi reserves the right to exercise preference in hiring for qualified Tribal members/Indians in connection with all positions.
CLOSING: Until Filled