Forest County Potawatomi
|SUPERVISOR:||Buildings and Grounds Director, Health Division|
Under direct supervision of the Buildings and Grounds Director, responsible for maintaining the overall cleanliness, upkeep, and safety of overhead canopies, sidewalks, parking lots, and lawns, in relation to the cleanliness, appearance, and the condition of landscaping items and features. Provides maintenance of machinery used for grounds upkeep. Maintains confidentiality of all privileged information.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs routine landscaping and maintenance duties to ensure customer/employee satisfaction and safety at all time. Maintains landscaping, parking lots, walkways, driveways, drainage, gutter systems and equipment.
- Operates and maintains various power/hand tools such as lawn mower, weed trimmer, snow blower, rakes, etc., used for the cultivation of agriculture. Operates plow truck.
- Performs summer functions such as transplanting, mowing, weed control, basic pest control, watering, pruning and trimming, and other landscaping projects.
- Ensures parking lots, sidewalks, and all exits/entrances/overhead canopies are clean and clear of snow and ice, gravel and sand.
- Performs winter functions such as snow removal, dispensing sidewalk and road salt per police and procedure.
- Maintains groomed trees, shrubs and lawn. Picks up trash, paper and debris.
- Maintains painted areas for stairs, curb, no parking and handicap areas.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the landscaping, courtyards, parking lots, walkways, driveways, exterior signage and lighting, drainage, gutter systems and equipment.
- Performs inventory of items and equipment.
- Performs minor maintenance on lawnmowers, lifts, and other equipment to maintain in safe working order.
- Operates within OSHA standards and company policies at all times.
- Responsible for solid waste transport.
- Conducts regular checks of grounds for unsafe conditions and security. Reports or corrects as needed.
- Keeps stock areas neat and orderly.
- Follows planned landscape designs in laying sod, sow gross, plant flowers, and/or foliage.
- Keeps daily log of activities with notes for the major maintenance needed.
- Ensures proper uniform shirt and name bade is worn at all times.
- Maintains a friendly and courteous attitude to all patients, families, and employees providing direction and assistance as needed.
- Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED preferred; grounds keeping, snow plowing experience or landscaping experience preferred. Valid driver’s license. Must successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, tuberculosis screening, and background investigation.
Health Division Employees must have proof of the following:
- Two-Step tuberculosis skin testing.
- Medical documentation of History of Chicken Pox or two doses of Varicella Vaccination.
- Hepatitis B Vaccination, three doses for all employees that are at risk for exposure to blood/ bodily fluids.
- Annual Influenza Vaccination
- Tdap (Tetanus Diphtheria and Pertussis) Vaccination followed by Td (Tetanus Diphtheria) Vaccination every 10 years.
- MMR (Measles, Mumps and Rubella) Vaccination, two doses or be born before 1957.
- If an employee is not able to provide evidence of immunity to any of the above, testing/vaccination will be provided by FCP Employee Health on hire.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of use of maintenance tools, chemicals, cleaners, and disinfectants.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and applicable safety practices.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to safely use cleaning products and safely operate cleaning equipment.
- Ability to learn the methods of cleaning and caring for buildings and equipment.
- Ability to work as a team member in a structured working environment.
- Ability to work with timeliness and thoroughness.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with co-workers at all levels.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instruction.
- Ability to prioritize and accomplish tasks within strict deadlines.
- Ability to safely operate tools and equipment.
- Ability to learn about exposure to hazards, blood spill cleanup, and disposal of Hazmat materials.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; abdominal and lower back muscles, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee occasionally is required to sit; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee regularly is required to climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
Work is performed both indoors and outdoors. Exposure to natural weather conditions and various dusts and mists may occur while performing outdoor duties. Standing and walking may be on uneven surfaces or unstable ground. Situations where safety-toe shoes, safety goggles, gloves, protective face shields, or hardhats are needed may occur.
Evening and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.
As authorized by Federal Law, the Forest County Potawatomi Community reserves the right to exercise preference in hiring for qualified Tribal members/Indians in connection with all job openings.