Forest County Potawatomi
|POSITION TITLE:||Food Service Helper|
|DEPARTMENT:||Potawatomi Stone Lake C-Store|
|SUPERVISOR:||Food service Supervisor|
This position is responsible for helping the Supervisor with food prep and clean-up of the Stone Lake C-Store Deli. This position ensures that safe and hygienic food conditions/preparation before, during and after serving are being practiced.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare food items according to standard methods and techniques that conserve flavor and appearance of the items.
- Ensure that prepared food items are prepared, stored, distributed and served at appropriate temperatures and under sanitary conditions.
- Prepare individual servings according to portion control standards.
- Ensure that all work stations (food storage, preparation surfaces) are kept clean and sanitary according to federal, state and local regulations.
- Be fully knowledgeable of the proper procedures and maintenance schedules for cleaning and sanitizing equipment. Be able to operate equipment, wash all utensils and food preparation and serving equipment. Replace all cleaned items in their proper storage areas.
- Closing the deli, by returning all food items to their proper storage, cleaning the deli, emptying of garbage and the proper sanitizing of all equipment and containers.
- Report any problems or irregularities (accidents, breakage, faulty equipment, food and/or supply shortages, etc.) to supervisor.
- Follow staff dress code as required by the facility and governmental regulations.
- Attend all mandatory facility in-service meetings.
- Adhere to all Tribal Personnel Policies and Procedures and Departmental Standard Operating Procedures.
- All other job-related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
High School Diploma or GED plus one year experience in a kitchen environment cooking. Must have Food Handler certificate or obtain within 60 days. Must be able to pass all site required training and certifications as designated by C-Store Cook, Supervisor. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen and background investigation.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience in Food and Restaurant Service is a plus.
- Knowledge of and ability to practice good hygienic food handling techniques required.
- Must be able to withstand hot and cold working conditions.
- Must be safety-minded.
- Must be willing to learn to operate kitchen equipment as required.
- Must be able to follow directions and instructions and fully understand and comply with the rules, regulations and safety precautions relating to safe food handling and personal safety prescribed by the Potawatomi Stone Lake C-Store.
- Skilled in dealing with people/customers.
- Must be able to frequently stand and walk.
- Must be able to bend/stoop, squat, reach above shoulder level, crouch, kneel, and push/pull.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to read and write
Work is generally performed in an interior work environment and kitchen area with exposure to heat, fumes and steam. Evening, weekend, and/or holiday work will be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts will be required. Floors can be wet, greasy, or sometimes both, non-slip shoes will be required.
As authorized by Federal Law, the Forest County Potawatomi Community reserves the right to exercise preference in hiring for qualified Tribal members/Indians in connection with all job openings.
CLOSING: Until Filled