Greenfire Management Services, LLC (GMS), was recently named one of the Southeastern Wisconsin’s fastest growing firms. We are a Construction Management firm located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Founded in 2010, Greenfire is a wholly-owned company of the Potawatomi Business Development Corporation, the investment arm of the Forest County Potawatomi Community, and as such, maintains minority contractor status. We offer our employees a competitive salary, benefit package and 401(k).
Greenfire Management Services, LLC is currently recruiting for a Director of Operations. The Director of Operations is an integral part of the team and is responsible for the successful completion of all construction projects from inception to final payment, and identifies the tasks that support the business to obtain the maximum growth and profitability.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assigns and oversees, Project Managers, Assistant Project Managers, Project Engineers, Superintendents and Assistant Superintendents.
- Is responsible for managing the construction operations of Greenfire by efficient, economical and effective utilization of the project team to direct the various projects and manpower.
- Coordinates all bidding and construction activities with the Director of Pre-Construction and the President.
- Anticipates problems and takes action to eliminate or at least minimize their effects.
- Ensures there are no avoidable penalties, citations or fines.
- Insures that Company policies and procedures concerning safety, work rules, record keeping, housekeeping and maintenance are followed.
- Reviews and uses job cost and field tracking information to monitor job progress and highlight jobs behind schedule or over budget.
- Schedules pre-job meetings and ensures communication of the job scope and estimating considerations to the Field.
- Conducts jobsite visits to ensure Company safety, quality and productivity standards are being achieved.
- Delegates all job specific responsibilities to the lowest organization level possible.
- Assures that a qualified number Project Managers, Assistant Project Managers, Project Engineers, Superintendents and Assistant Superintendents are trained and available for future growth. Maintains a back-up plan for each key position in the Company.
- Actively searches out better more efficient ways to perform project functions. Researches and implements new products and methods to reduce required man hours.
- Maintains a cooperative working relationship with customers, the business community and fellow employees.
Duties & Responsibilities – continued:
- Attends and actively participates in community groups and activities, trade associations, vendor groups, visits to competitor’s job sites and construction associations.
- Instructs employees in Company rules, regulations, procedures and policies. Follows and enforces all Company policies.
- Evaluates the performance of the employees reporting to this position and reviews their evaluation with them per the defined Company schedule.
- Participates in hiring, advising, counseling and disciplining the employees reporting to the Director of Operations and recommends their hiring, disciplinary recommendations, firing, raise requests and other human resource actions to the President.
- Ensures that all activity will be in compliance with the laws and statutes of the Federal, State and local governmental agencies.
- Ensures that all known customer complaints are acted upon and the results are being monitored.
- Is a key member of the management team and is required to participate in all required meetings.
- The Director of Operations is responsible for any other tasks that may be assigned by the President.
Education & Experience:
- Requires bachelor’s degree in construction engineering, business or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of five years of experience as a Senior Level Project Manager or Director of Operations with a small to medium size company engaged in construction management.
- Must be PC literate and able to utilize a computer with Microsoft Office.
- Requires a valid Wisconsin driver’s license.
- Must be insurable by the Company’s insurance carrier.
- Physical requirements include sitting standing, and walking. The sitting includes PC efforts, meetings, reviewing drawings and calculator functions. The Director of Operations is required to visually inspect customer locations, drawings and project conditions. Movements of walking bending, reaching, climbing stairs, of bending and flexing the arms, legs, wrists and fingers. The senses of being able to see and hear and have the full power of speech (English). Travel by car and airplane may be required in all types of weather.
- The mental capacity for spatial comprehension is mandatory. The language is English. This position must have the ability to comprehend the design and construction management work the company performs, read and interpret blue prints and specifications, and the ability to convey instructions in a clear manner to others as necessary.
- Requires the ability to guide, direct and coordinate the work of multiple activities at the same time. Excellent organizational skills, ability to plan projects and jobs, prioritize work and meet deadlines. Must be a dynamic individual who is client-oriented while keeping the company’s interests in mind.
- Will be required to speak at meetings and convey the image of a dynamic, successful company.
- Must stay current with new techniques, equipment and technologies.
- Work will be split between a climate controlled office environment and the natural outdoors.
- Occasionally meetings of clients, prospective clients, vendors, etc. may occur off site which will require driving in any and all types of weather.
- Work hours range from eight to ten hours per day, five days per week—early AM or after hour commitments may be necessary.
Greenfire Management Services, LLC is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.