Forest County Potawatomi
|POSITION TITLE:||Community Activities Aide-CNA, Part-time|
|DEPARTMENT:||Activities- Caring Place|
|SUPERVISOR:||Elderly Activities Coordinator|
Under general direction of the Elderly Activities Coordinator, assists the Activity Coordinator and Activity Aide to provide group events/outings for the FCP elder population on or near the FCP reservation. Duties will involve personal contact with a diverse population and a varied schedule that includes some weekends, evenings and holidays.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists with driving and/or accompanying elders to recreational, cultural or educational events/outings.
- Assists Tribal Elders with ADLs as needed.
- Assist with activities as needed.
- Able to work a changing schedule related added events/outings and dates.
- Completes required forms and documents in accordance with policy, state and/or federal regulations.
- Must be able to travel; some overnights and long trips will be required.
- Maintains confidentiality of all privileged information.
- Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
- Performs other duties as required.
High School Diploma or GED. Certified Nursing Assistant Required. Will consider LPN. Must complete medication pass certification within six months (through in-house training program). One year activity experience preferred Experience working with an elderly population preferred. A valid Wisconsin Driver’s License with no restrictions. Must successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, and background investigation.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of recreational activities principles and objectives as they relate to the elder population.
- Knowledge of supplies and equipment once trained.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards, safe working practices, and safety precautions.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of people and personalities in a diverse community.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Skill in operating business computers and office machines, including in a Windows environment, specifically Word, Excel, and presentation software (such as PowerPoint).
- Ability to interact with elders of diverse backgrounds and interests.
- Ability to gather data, compile information and prepare reports as needed.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures, as well as other policies and procedures.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and handles emergency situations well.
- Ability to work independently and follow scheduled plans.
- Ability to transport activity participants safely
- Ability to occasionally travel overnight
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is required to sit, stand and walk; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work is performed in an office setting with a moderate noise level and in indoor and outside environments with moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises. Work environment involves exposure to hazards or physical risks, and requires following basic safety precautions. Work may be stressful at times. Evening and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required
Must have a valid Wisconsin Driver’s license and be authorized as eligible for coverage under the Tribe’s Insurance prior to an actual start date. *Must maintain a valid Wisconsin Driver’s license as a condition of employment. *Must pass a background check, which will be performed on all applicants. *Must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening.
As authorized by Federal Law, the Forest County Potawatomi Community reserves the right to exercise preference in hiring for qualified Tribal members/Indians in connection with all job openings.
CLOSING: Until Filled