Forest County Potawatomi
|POSITION TITLE:||C-Store Supervisor|
|SUPERVISOR:||C-Store Assistant Manager|
Under general supervision of the C-Store Assistant Manager and C-Store Manager, provides basic oversight of staff and C-Store operations during a specific shift. Follows cash handling procedures and other duties as necessary to ensure a smoothly run shift. Maintains standards of quality, service and facility cleanliness, sanitation and safety.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitor staff and business operations during a specified shift.
- Oversees, coordinates, and performs computerized cash register sales transactions and cash management.
- Provides sales coordination and problem resolution for staff; performs direct sales and customer service as and when required.
- Allocates and schedules work within the area, ensuring that all floor requirements are covered during operating hours; fills in for staff as required during breaks and other absences.
- Monitors sales through the cash register; resolves discrepancies, prepares, reconciles, and records cash receipts for deposit, and prepares sales reports.
- Restocks drink machines, makes fresh tea, ensure cookies and pastries are well stocked.
- Sweeps floors throughout shift to ensure appearance standards are met.
- Monitors and coordinates ordering, receipt, and return of merchandise and/or equipment; verifies invoices and billing and resolves errors and discrepancies; as appropriate, coordinates shipping and/or delivery of merchandise.
- Oversees store stock and visual merchandising; participates in the development and implementation of on-floor sales promotion campaigns.
- Monitors general housekeeping cleanliness within the store; ensures that equipment and facilities remain in good repair, and that employee and customer safety standards are maintained. Repairs equipment as needed.
- Trains all team members according to company policies, procedures guidelines.
- Maintain company standards of quality, service, cleanliness and sanitation, safety, and staff job satisfaction.
- Accurately complete all necessary daily, and weekly checklists for your shift.
- Comply with applicable State/Tribal/Federal labor laws at all times.
- Available and willing to work any changes in hours deemed necessary for Business Levels.
- Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
- Performs other duties as required.
- High school diploma or GED
- Three years’ experience in retail customer service, operations or sales
- One year in a lead capacity.
- Associates Degree preferred.
- Must possess a Class A-B Underground Storage Tank (UST) License or obtain within 30 days.
- Must possess a Food Management SafeServ License or obtain within one year.
- Valid Wisconsin driver’s license and eligible for coverage under the Tribe’s Insurance prior to an actual start date. Must maintain a valid Wisconsin driver’s license as a condition of employment.
- Successfully pass a background check and pre-employment drug screening.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of cash register operations, sales methods and techniques.
- Knowledge of all the products/items in the store.
- Knowledge of POS systems and processes.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language, both verbally and in writing with staff and the general public.
- Ability to be personable, responsive, caring, knowledgeable and flexible with all customers.
- Ability to service customers in a professional appearance and manner.
- Ability to lead, train and establish a high level of customer service within the department.
- Ability to adapt to change.
- Skill in supervising assigned staff.
- Skill in operating business computers and office machines, including in a Windows environment, specifically Word, Excel, Access, and presentation and graphics software (such as PowerPoint).
- Skill in position merchandising in an appropriate manner based upon the type of merchandise.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee occasionally is required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work is generally performed in an interior setting or Convenience Store location. Evening, graveyard, holiday and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.
As authorized by federal law, Forest County Potawatomi Community reserves the right to exercise preference in hiring for qualified Tribal members/Indians in connection with all positions and job openings.
CLOSING: Until Filled